What We Believe – Our Statement of Faith
We believe in the essential truths of the historic orthodox (biblical) Christian faith. These truths include:
- We believe that all men are sinners and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- We believe that salvation from sin, death, and God's wrath is the comforting free gift of God, given by grace through a living, trusting, penitent faith (Ephesians 2:8-9, James 2:14-17) in Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
- We believe in the Trinity—one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Christian Cram Course).
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the one-and-only savior of sinners (Jesus).
- We believe that the Bible is the final authority on faith and life—that it is a magnificent and unique document, truly inspired by God through human writers (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe that the Bible has answers for today's problems—that every man, woman, or child will benefit by getting to know Christ (Hebrews 13:8).
- We believe that good works are a natural result of an authentic saving faith (2 Corinthians 9:8, James 2:26). Thus being a Christian leads one to be a blessing to society (Mark 12:31), to influence it (Matthew 5:13-16), to be enthusiastic (Romans 12:11), and to bring others the good news of the gospel (Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8).
- We believe that heaven is where believers spend eternity in our glorified, immortal bodies after life on earth, in a new and better individual existence, consistent with Jesus' numerous promises of eternal life.
- We believe that the Christian faith is not mere blind faith but faith in evidence (Acts 1:3; Acts 17:17), which should be explained lovingly to others (1 Peter 3:15).
- We reject the aberrant doctrines of millennialism, fideism, nominalism, antinomianism, liberalism, legalism, and universalism. (We are also skeptical of most modern manifestations of tongues, the "Word-Faith Movement," and such things as "slain in the spirit.")
Note: This is an abbreviated list of essential Bible truths. For more detail, see our article Christian Cram Course. See also our blog on eschatology (Bible prophecy): Prophecy Questions for Christians.
Who We Are
Faith Facts is a Bible-based, para-church ministry not affiliated with any denomination. Our mission is to further the gospel, that more may find a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the blessings of Christian living.
Faith Facts is brought to you from snowy cabin in Alaska.